Scribble tagged me. Here it goes:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Started living on my own. In a city which can be best described as a jungle. All by myself. Started earning. And spending. Recklessly. Yeah, that’s what I’d never done before.
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t believe in resolutions. Yes, that translates as I am a very indecisive, impulsive and non-planning sort of a person. So?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Ummm, if a cousin-who-once-was-very-close counts, then yes.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I believe in moments, not dates. Yeahhhh, cheesy, right? But true story.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Achievement. Hmmm. I dunno. I’ll let it pass. No mention-worthy achievements.
7. What was your biggest failure?
None. I didn’t fail.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh yes! Talk about it. Got hospitalised twice. Some stupid throat infection gone bad. And then food poisoning.
Also, got my wisdom tooth removed. Oh, what pain.
9. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Abeyaar. What kind of question is this? Okay. Mine. Now let’s begin them celebrations.
10. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
No one’s. And no, I’m not just evading these questions. It’s just that for a year-ending tag, the weight is a little too much. And no one fits the bill.
11. Where did most of your money go?
Ah. Travel. Home-making. Shoes. Food. And EMIs.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Setting up my own house. Yeah, I’m uncool and old-fashioned like that.
13. What songs will always remind you of 2010?
As I Am (Dream Theater)
Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley)
Riders On The Storm (The Doors)
Everyday I Love You Less and Less (Kaiser Chiefs)
Zara Nazar Utha Ke Dekho (Silk Route)
Aankhon Ke Sagar (Coke Studio)
Ankhiyon Nu Chain Naa Aave (Nusrat)
14. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier. Most definitely.
15. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading. Writing. Sketching.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Wasting money. Thinking. Caring.
17. How will you be spending Christmas?
Err, past tense. Past tense. I spent it splendidly. That will be it. Go figure.
18. Did you fall in love in 2010?
19.How many one night stands?
20. What was your favourite TV programmes?
21. What was the best book you read?
Truth or Dare.
22. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The entire discography of Dream Theater.
23. What did you want and get?
24. What did you want and not get?
That’s now my wish for the next year. So will not jinx it by disclosing it here.
25. What was your favourite film that you saw this year?
The Painted Veil.
26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Was at work the whole day. Went out with friends for dinner. That’s it. And, I turned 23.
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A Microwave Oven in my kitchen. For baking those cookies. Yes, I want no more.
28. What kept you sane?
Conversations. Yes, mostly them.
29. Who was the worst new person you met?
Not worth mentioning here. Good riddance has happened.
30. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh, this was a year of meeting some really good people (by really, I mean R-E-A-L-L-Y!). Cannot name just one. But, if I HAVE to take names, then Boss, 2 of the 3 fireflies (cannot wait to meet the third one!), Overgrown Kid, and Captain Awesome top the list (in order of appearance!)
31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Stand by what you are. People are, because you are. Others are not above you. (Still in the process of implementing though!)
32. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
People are strange when you’re a stranger
Faces look ugly when you’re alone
Women seem wicked when you’re unwanted
Streets are uneven when you’re down
When you’re strange
Faces come out of the rain
When you’re strange
No one remembers your name
When you’re strange
So, yeah. All in all, a year well spent.
And I tag everyone who’d want to take it up.