So, what do you think of child marriage?
I think it’s an awesome concept. Get two people together when they are not even old enough to understand what togetherness means, and watch the fun. Okay, creepiness aside, I really think it’s an awesome concept. Why, you ask? Let me tell you why.
- Kids don’t have the social/ peer pressure of finding themselves a girlfriend/ boyfriend when they come of age. Or before that.
- Parents don’t have to worry about who to get their children married to, when they grow up, because that’s already taken care of.
- People don’t have to make efforts to ‘impress’ the members of the opposite sex, as there’s no motivation to do so.
- One has a default partner, as and when the need arises to make use of the facility.
- If the involved parties respect the idea of commitment, there’s so less chance of straying, heartbreaks, complications. Life is much simpler. And simplistic too.
- People will inherently be more patient. For dealing with someone who’s been thrust upon you is no easy task. Perhaps.
- And some more which my over-worked brain cannot think of right now.
- What happens if the kid turns out to be homosexual?
- What if the grown-up selves are totally incompatible with each other?
- What if the families have a fallout in the meantime when the kids are growing up?
- Insert point no. 7 from above.